FRPP Borla flexback exhaust fittment issue.

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Deagle50ae

so... I finally got my exhaust. and there's a problem. the flange on the borla's front section is much bigger than the stock flexpipe... so the holes don't align to put the bolts through.

anybody else have this problem? how did you remedy it?
I wear my sunglasses at night.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Drill/slot the holes?
07 ST S.A.P.
Deagle50ae

That's what I was thinking. but I dont think I have anything here that can handle 1/2" thick stainless steel
soul_hammer
Banned!

they dont line up at all? if you can get them to line up most of the way use a smaller bolt and nut with washers. its worth a try anyways.
Deagle50ae

here's the flange.
(yes, i know it's hanging upside down, I flipped it over and it's the same story.)
soul_hammer
Banned!

wow thats way off hmmm with what they cost you thing they could get the fitment right.
Deagle50ae

soul_hammer wrote: wow thats way off hmmm with what they cost you thing they could get the fitment right.

what cost? $275 lol. Thanks Steve!

I've got a fan cooling my exhaust system as we speak. I'll be slotting them in a few, I'll let you know how things go
Deagle50ae

yay. she fits and is LEAK-FREE!
too bad it's too dang quiet!

Last edited by Deagle50ae on Sun May 27, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Nice work!
07 ST S.A.P.
soul_hammer
Banned!

cool good to see you got it. as far as price i was thinking the asking price of almost 500 and damn steve hooked you up.

p.s. is steve at the parts store or the dealer?
Deagle50ae

soul_hammer wrote: cool good to see you got it. as far as price i was thinking the asking price of almost 500 and damn steve hooked you up.

p.s. is steve at the parts store or the dealer?

Steve at Tousley parts.
I got my ford racing springs and dampers from him to. $330.

so far he's saved me HUNDREDS of dollars and I am trying to find more way to spend my money there. lol (ST Grill, SVT/RS Spoiler, Fog lights, etc)
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

oh , hi. you have the svt exhaust there my friend. measure the ID (inside diameter) it should be 2 1/4 for the z x3, and 2 1/2 for the svt, hence the large flange. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

focinite wrote: oh , hi. you have the svt exhaust there my friend. measure the ID (inside diameter) it should be 2 1/4 for the z x3, and 2 1/2 for the svt, hence the large flange. 8)

get an account on Focaljet son, they describe that as being an early duratec borla, sounds like they srewed em up a bit at first

here is the quote:

"
It's not the wrong exhaust, but instead, a very early Borla Duratec kit. Those early kits use the same round muffler found in the later Duratec kits that do not come with resonators, not the oval muffler found in the SVT kit. It is however, an SVT resonator pipe, the very same resonator pipe that confuses people to this day as to wether or not the Borla kits include a resonator or not.

Borla has not included resonators since soon after this kit was made. Borla made the mistake originally of thinking the secoind cat was a resonator because there was no OBD-II catalyst monitor sensor behind it.

I'm almost sure I've posted this info a long time ago, but obviously, it's still pertinent.

"
Deagle50ae

it IS an SVT system. I knew this when I bought it. just expected it to bolt right up.

it's really quiet but the tone is pure and deep. I likes.