Painting Bumpers EDITED

For your Ford Focus related discussion
19-Delta
Car: '04 ZX3 2.3L Ex-PZEV

Since no one appears to have any knowledge on painting prices in the cities, let me ask this...
If I buy a gun, how hard would it be to spray it myself. Already have a compressor, just need the painting specific add ons.
Anyone???

I am looking to go with the Euro front and rear bumper and adding a small spoiler on the rear. I am trying to put together a semi budget and was wondering what kind of prices would I be looking at to get that stuff sprayed at a decent shop?
Any recommendations for the north side of town?

Thanks,
Tim
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

If you bring the bumper in, it should be about 300 bucks per bumper at any normal shop to get them painted. Belive it or not i had had some work done to the Buick at Macco in Blaine. They did an awesome job, at a good price. I was worried at first, but it turned out good.
I also had a great experience at Raymonds auto body in St. Paul. Might be on the higher end of the price scale, but its guaranteed perfection.

I have no idea about painting them your self???
07 ST S.A.P.
Deagle50ae

I find the best thing to do is join up at local car forums and find somebody that either does body work or custom paint on the side. I know there's a guy on FiveZeroSeven.com that does paint work at a decent price.

buying a cheap spray gun isn't that expensive, nor is the paint. just make sure you practice before you perform on your actual parts.
I wear my sunglasses at night.
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

another thing is you could probably save some money getting it done outside of the cities where labor rates would be down. I am guessing if you got an estimate on labor from them at $x per hour you could estimate it at a lower rate elsewhere then.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

I find its fun painting your own parts, but a pain in the ass since I'm so fussy.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

the painting is the easy part, its the prep you gotta be good at!!! Rossvt taught me that a paint job , no matter the size, is 90% prep and 10% paint.
Image wink wink.....bitches
19-Delta

Well since the parts would come in "primer" condition, and I am a complete cheap ass bastard, it looks like I am going to either find some friend that will "paint for beer" or do it myself. I mean how much could I fuck it up? It's not like if I screw it up, my car will burst into flames killing my two kids or anything...right???

Cheers,
TIm
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

19-Delta wrote: It's not like if I screw it up, my car will burst into flames killing my two kids or anything...right???

I've actually seen this happen before. Be very careful...
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
soul_hammer
Banned!

19-Delta wrote: It's not like if I screw it up, my car will burst into flames killing my two kids or anything...right???

Cheers,
TIm

well if i was doing it on my car and i fucked it up i might light it on fire and kill two kids but you should be fine. :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Pappy wrote:

I know a guy that burned down his garage AND house and he was just painting valve covers.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
19-Delta

Yeah, but Steve; he was painting valve covers. Shoot, I know a guy that was painting some valve covers over in Baveria, Germany, back in 1940...well, to get the point. It went terribly wrong, and the result was Wold War 2.
BUT
I am not going to paint my valve covers, just some bumpers...so I should be safe...for the most part. It is also rummored that Hurricane Katrina was caused by someone painting his hood, but never an issue with bumpers.

tIM
richie_1

i can help out.. just provide the paint i have the gun.. gotta have the space thoo.... dont take it to Macco=Cheaper than at home.....
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Pappy wrote:

I know a guy that burned down his garage AND house and he was just painting valve covers.

This wouldn't happen to be the mustang guy with that wicked camelian pain job would it? If it is, correct me if I am wrong but he was using some super nasty ass paint thinner/remover and that was the cause of the fire.

- josh