squeak and squeal

For your Ford Focus related discussion
grocerygetter
Car: 2006 Infra Red X3

I have developed or at least recognized a squeak that is road speed sensitive that does not change with the addition of brake or when turning either direction. It is definitely speed sensitive and fairly high pitched with definite pulsing at slow speeds I am thinking possible rear bearings, very early, what do you think?

Thanks,
Brian
Looking to homebrew Supercharge my car, me and Corky Bell.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

It could certainly be rear bearings, jack it up and see how they spin and if they have play or make noise.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

also when you spin the tire grab the rear spring. if the bearing is junk you will feel a vibration amplified through the spring
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

a sqeek from the rear....hmmmmmmmmm ah maybe the parking brake is stickin and the shoes are a sqwealing....hhhmmmmmmmm also try folding down your rear seats, the hinge and latch can come out of adjustment and they tend to have a squirrley chater sound to them. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
grocerygetter

focinite wrote:a sqeek from the rear....hmmmmmmmmm ah maybe the parking brake is stickin and the shoes are a sqwealing....hhhmmmmmmmm also try folding down your rear seats, the hinge and latch can come out of adjustment and they tend to have a squirrley chater sound to them. 8)

Ha no rear seat in the car..... I do use the ebrake religiously so it could be the shoes, I did try applying brake with the pedal to see if I could recognize a change. I'll try it with the ebrake handle and see if it changes at all.

B
grocerygetter

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:It could certainly be rear bearings, jack it up and see how they spin and if they have play or make noise.

Thanks I'll have to get the wheels in the air and give'em a shake, would be a shame to have to upgrade to SVT rears...... 8)

B
grocerygetter

FocusMech.73155 wrote:also when you spin the tire grab the rear spring. if the bearing is junk you will feel a vibration amplified through the spring
Sounds like a helpful hint I'm sure if the bearing is acting as bearings do when they are getting tired that would be a definite help in diagnosis.

Thanks
B