a few random questions

For your Ford Focus related discussion
STtuner05

i have noticed with in the last few days that there is alot of play in my shifter, mostly in first but i notice it in all the gears, sometimes when i put it into first it will kick back out about half way, but run in gear just fine there, it kicks it back like im over shooting the gear. and my number 2 question that has nothing to do with my focus. i have found that at almost every place that they see car audio the sales people are stupid. i have gone into many places and asked that how i would set up a car audio system (subwoofer and amp) into my room, mainly wondering how i power the amp, can i power it off of a wall outlet, or is that too much/little power for it. and all of them say the same thing "gee i have never heard os someone setting up a car audio system indoors, i dont think it can be done" (as the whole fucking wall behind them is set up with systems and are working!!! PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!!!
ya so any answers to either of these questions would help alot, thanks
soul_hammer
Banned!

a buddy of mine set one of these up years ago with an battery charger and dry cell battery.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

These aren't random questions, they are specific.

You may need to adjust your shifter cables.

You need some form of power convertor (Radio Shack?) to go from 115V AC to 12V DC, if you plug straight in with 115V you blow shit up.
Slower than your stock focus.
grocerygetter
Car: 2006 Infra Red X3

Correct you need an ac to dc power supply and the power supply needs to be able to comfortably deliver enough total wattage to supply whatever your total system requires on the input side. So you will need to know how much power each component uses, add them up and then top that number with a 10-50% increase to be safe. I would recommend the 50% more if cost is not an issue because the power supply will run cooler and should last longer, heat is a killer of electronics.
If your equipment does not list total power it uses but lists total amperage if you multiply the amps by the volts (12) you will get watts. :)

B
Looking to homebrew Supercharge my car, me and Corky Bell.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

screw messing around with power converters and shit, get a dedicated sub plate amp like this: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl ... er=300-805

or

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl ... er=300-806

with the money you'll spend in converters and all that, a dedicated sub plate amp will be a way better choice in the long run.

sell the car amp and put that money towards a plate amp.

- Josh
STtuner05

wow thanks alot everyone for getting back on that so quickly, ya i knew it could be done, i just didnt know how exactly to do it, i thought of the battery charger and dry cell. i really like the sub plate amp idea ( a little expensive, but is still an option) what does everyone think would be the cheapest/ easiest? its just something im doing with my old system so i really dont care if is doesnt last forever
soul_hammer
Banned!

i think the battery and charger would be the cheapest you could use a maint free battery but beware of fumes.
19-Delta
Car: '04 ZX3 2.3L Ex-PZEV

If you went w/this set-up http://www.performancedistributors.com/batteries.htm you end up with a sealed battery, and a top line recharger that will not overcharge the battery. ~$200

TIm