Warrenty Work

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

I had some warrenty work done today on the 07 ZX5 at North Country.

I had some CV noise "creaking/grinding" only turning when extremly cold, and some power steering noise "whining like fluid is low"

What the result was. They replaced both CV axels, and replaced a couple O-rings on the power steering under 36,000/3 year warrenty.

I am very happy with North Country Ford 8) and they will continue to get my service work done there :D

Pat
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Monkey Gein
Car: 07 Silver ZX3/07 Black ZX

Deagle had the grinding prob with his 07. i went through 3 ps pumps before they figured it out on one 07 but not the other, yet (no warranty on that one).
Image . . . Image <-- CLICK IT!!
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

My cv axles do the same thing when cold. My "red" team guy at Tousley acted like I was making it up, and he had never heard of that before.
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

oh id wait till it gets real cold again before you get all happy. i in the 11 years working on cars have never had a c/v joint when cold cause creeking or grinding, i would have replaced the strut mount/bearing plate before a c/v. when c/vs go bad they click when turning or groan then bang as the unbinde. i also have seen sway links creek and pop in the cold. as for the p/s unless they changed the design of the parts an o-ring is a band aid, when it gets cold again, it will leak....again. did they say where the o-rings they replaced are? pressure line? at the rack? at the pump? 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

I have that same sound. I may have to go up and get mine done tomo...
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
Patalrob
Borlatap

I had found these problems on a Ford Bulletin before taking it in...... My question is wouldn't they replace the cheaper part first? My guess is this isn't there first run in with the CV problem. The resone for the CV replacement I had read in the bulletin was the greese too thick and in cold temps the greese would loosen up like it should hense creeking/groaning.

But I know nothing about cars :?

Rings replaced were on the reservoir. The O-rings are more than likly a band-aid but wern't the dodge auto transmisson all band aids???

Here are some TSB numbers.

Power Steering - 08-19-9

CV/Axels - 07-18-6

Hope this can be a help for some.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
Monkey Gein

the problem o ring is between the tank and pump (what i was told). the new o ring does fix the problem, if it's caught before the pump goes. when they rplaced my pumps it was the old oring, the pump went bad in a few weeks, then a new pump. after the oring, never had another prob.
Patalrob
Borlatap

Monkey Gein wrote:the problem o ring is between the tank and pump (what i was told). the new o ring does fix the problem, if it's caught before the pump goes. when they rplaced my pumps it was the old oring, the pump went bad in a few weeks, then a new pump. after the oring, never had another prob.
Nice 8)
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
focinite

Patalrob wrote: wern't the dodge auto transmisson all band aids???

no all the dodge trannies are grennades with the pin pulled!!!! mopar cant build a tranny to save there ass, i know this, i own one :( i spose if the greese is too thick then yeah it may cause problems, i hated some of fords guesses/fixes/shot in the darks when i worked for them, most of the time the tsb woul be step 1.reprogram pcm.....hold on im trying to fix an NVH(noise vibration harshness) here. i got boared one day and went in the old parts barn there at tousley and read alot of the work shop manuels and i read alot of hang known good part, test with known good part, the best was a no start diag from 1970, first step... drain fuel from tank and refill with known good fuel.......... :lol:
Monkey Gein

btw, with dodge: warm them up in neutral, all the time. in the winter till the rpms go down, and in the summer just a few mins. that'll extend your tranny life
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Monkey Gein wrote:btw, with dodge: warm them up in neutral, all the time. in the winter till the rpms go down, and in the summer just a few mins. that'll extend your tranny life
Tiny little Dokmo Ford/Chrysler/Jeep down in Northfield had a full time Chrysler transmission tech and he was busy non-stop.

No Ford Trans tech though.

My favorite thing in the Chrysler training classes was "normal operating characteristic" thats how they taught us to explain to the customer that theres nothing wrong with their car because they all do it.

If the customer didn't believe it you were supposed to have them drive another car to see for themselves. :lol:

"Sorry sir, that horrible noise from under your hood is a normal operating characteristic. Theres nothing we can do about it, it's designed that way." :?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Monkey Gein

CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

focinite wrote:oh id wait till it gets real cold again before you get all happy. i in the 11 years working on cars have never had a c/v joint when cold cause creeking or grinding, i would have replaced the strut mount/bearing plate before a c/v. when c/vs go bad they click when turning or groan then bang as the unbinde.
Hey, yet another person talking to me like I don't know shit.

Its the CV joints grinding when the grease is cold. No question about it.
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite

CleanZX3 wrote:
focinite wrote:oh id wait till it gets real cold again before you get all happy. i in the 11 years working on cars have never had a c/v joint when cold cause creeking or grinding, i would have replaced the strut mount/bearing plate before a c/v. when c/vs go bad they click when turning or groan then bang as the unbinde.
Hey, yet another person talking to me like I don't know shit.

Its the CV joints grinding when the grease is cold. No question about it.
i still doubt it, if i picture it my head it dont make sense. and if i were to talk to you like you didnt know shit, id put dumb ass, or stupid after every thing i said. :lol:
Monkey Gein

no, for real, cleanzx3 is right. it has happened to deagle and another person (non foci head), heard at dealer